8 Items That You (Probably) Didn’t Know That You Could Recycle!
Thanks to the entire country’s increased focus on sustainability, and the growth in recycling rates that has accompanied it, you’ll no doubt already know about the most common materials that can be recycled easily, including paper, cardboard, tin cans, plastic bottles, et cetera.
You’ll more than likely have a few of these items lying around your house, so when it comes time to have your annual clearout, make sure that you aren’t just throwing these valuable materials away! Unfortunately, some of these items cannot be disposed of as part of your skip hire in Nottingham, but there are ways that you can ensure every one of the following items get recycled as reliably as possible.
8 Items That You Didn’t Know You Could Recycle!
- Batteries – As recently as a few years ago, batteries were one of the items that couldn’t be recycled. However, discarded batteries have had a major impact on the environment in the past, and so finding a reliable way of recycling them became extremely important to limit the environmental damage that they caused.
There are now specific locations that will happily accept your unwanted batteries and recycle them. You can easily take your batteries to Household Waste and Recycling Centres, which are located throughout the city.
- VHS Tapes – Anybody who was born before the year 2000 will have old VHS tapes still hanging around somewhere, even though they’ve got nothing to watch them on. Throwing them out might seem like the best idea, but VHS tapes can actually be recycled. Once they’ve been dismantled, they can end up enjoying a new life as packaging for a range of products.
- Inhalers – Every year, hundreds of thousands of inhalers are thrown away after they become useless. Instead, you should pass them on to your local pharmacy, as they can easily be recycled as well!
- Corks – Corks are extremely useful for a range of things. Once they’ve been recycled, they can be used in flooring tiles, insulation and even sports equipment for schools and gyms.
- Crayons – It might seem like we’re taking recycling a bit too far, but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be recycling bits of broken crayon. If you can’t find a use for them yourself, they can always be melted down and used to create brand new crayons.
- Tights! – Surprisingly, tights can easily be recycled and be used in everything from park benches to children’s toys.
- Cosmetic Packaging – In the past, some people have thought that cosmetic packaging could not be recycled due to traces of cosmetic products that can be found on them. However, many beauty businesses are so intent on recycling these products that they will often offer a free sample when you return enough packaging for them to effectively recycle.
- Glasses – Spectacles and eye-glasses that you no longer want, but which are still usable, can be recycled to help people with sight problems all over the world. By returning these to your opticians, they can easily send them to the developing countries where they are most needed. Sunglasses, too, can be of a great benefit to people living in sunny, hot and dry countries, and can work as a great means of protection from the damage caused by the intense sunlight.
Do You Care About Sustainability? Then Use Eco-Friendly Skip Hire In Nottingham!
All of these products can easily be recycled, although many aren’t suitable for placement inside skips. They will, for the most part, have dedicated waste areas where they can be deposited, or you can return them to the place where you got them.
For most products, recyclable or not, you can rely on professional skip hire in Nottingham. Anything from wood to paper, general household waste and more can be gotten rid of with skip hire in Nottingham.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Skip Hire UK today. If you have any questions, you can email them to our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, call us up on 0845 241 3488 to arrange your skip hire in Nottingham today!
Related News Stories
Whether you are a homeowner completing a redecoration project, a commercial property owner conducting a shop refit or a building contractor embarking on a new construction, it is vitally important that you call upon the services of a registered waste carrier to dispose of the likely large amount of waste that will be produced. Read on to discover some of the reasons why this is so important;Read more »
Whilst recycling has taken over most aspects of contemporary waste disposal, some components which seem to have slipped past many people’s notice are car parts. Now, most people understand that recycling a car, as a whole, is a necessary thing, but few consider the individual parts as recyclable by themselves.Read more »