Cheap Skip Hire On The Rise For DIYers!
Thanks to the rise in popularity for a full range of DIY projects, cheap skip hire is becoming more and more essential to purely domestic projects. Long gone are the days when skips were primarily hired by builders and contractors for larger projects – although that is still a large part of the service’s customer base.
Today, the skip hire market is mostly the domain of DIY enthusiasts who are looking for a simple way to deal with the waste generated by domestic properties. A lot of these enthusiasts will never have ordered a skip before, simply because they’ve never had any need to, so they might be unaware of the etiquette relating to skip hire.
With that in mind, the team at Skip Hire UK thought we’d answer a few simple questions to make sure that you stay on the right side of the law when it comes to cheap skip hire.
Cheap Skip Hire Etiquette For DIYers!
- What Materials Can I Put In A Skip? – You can throw most waste items into a skip, especially those which are likely to be produced as a result of domestic work or clearance. These wastes can include:
- Organic Waste
- Domestic Waste
However, there are some limitations that you need to be aware of. For example, electrical or hazardous waste is not permitted in a skip. In order to dispose of this waste, you need to engage specialist waste management services. Obviously, any explosive materials are not allowed either. Tyres and plasterboard are also unsuitable for skips.
Plasterboard in particular is an interesting one, as it can only be disposed of separately to all other forms of waste. On request, many skip hire providers can offer a skip bag to deal with plasterboard waste for specialist disposal.
- What Size Skip Will I Require? – As skips are available in a range of sizes, you need to make sure that you choose the perfect size for your project. Although cheap skip hire will still be more affordable than other solutions, there is no need to pay for a size which is larger than your ideal choice.
There are a range of different things to consider when it comes to picking the ideal size for your needs. These include:
- Kinds of waste your project will produce
- Amount of waste you’re likely to need to dispose of
- Access to your property
- Potential placement areas on your property.
Commercial and industrial projects will regularly require larger skips, but most domestic projects will be sufficient with Builders’ Skips or even smaller designs.
- Do I Need A Permit To Hire A Skip – You will only ever require a permit if you’re going to place your skip on public property. Even then, these permits are not that difficult to acquire and the Skip Hire UK team are more than happy to help you apply for one for the length of your project.
Make The Most Of Cheap Skip Hire, With Skip Hire UK!
If you’re looking for reliable, but cheap skip hire in the UK, then you needn’t look any further than Skip Hire UK. We can provide extremely effective service for DIYers as well as experienced builders and contractors, on a range of domestic and commercial properties.
For more information, or to book your skip over the phone, get in touch with our team on 0845 241 3488. Alternatively, for cheap skip hire online, you can book your skip through our quick and easy website.
Related News Stories
Whether you are a homeowner completing a redecoration project, a commercial property owner conducting a shop refit or a building contractor embarking on a new construction, it is vitally important that you call upon the services of a registered waste carrier to dispose of the likely large amount of waste that will be produced. Read on to discover some of the reasons why this is so important;Read more »
Whilst recycling has taken over most aspects of contemporary waste disposal, some components which seem to have slipped past many people’s notice are car parts. Now, most people understand that recycling a car, as a whole, is a necessary thing, but few consider the individual parts as recyclable by themselves.Read more »