Man & Van Guide
The ultimate guide to booking our low cost alternative to skip hire
What Is A Man And Van Waste Clearance?
Man and Van waste clearances remove the hassle from waste disposal, providing a low-cost convenient alternative to skip hire.
Our Man and Van waste clearances offer same day removal with labour included meaning clearance and disposal is handled by our reliable team, so you can put your feet up and kettle on.
Why Would I Need A Man and Van Clearance?
In some instances, a traditional skip just isn’t suitable. Types of projects where a Man and Van clearance provide a more suitable alternative are:
- If access restrictions prohibit a skip from being delivered, e.g. a permit is required for a public highway or there simply isn’t room for a skip
- You require the waste to be cleared right away – our Man and Van collections remove all rubbish in one visit rather than a traditional 2 week hire period for a skip
- Your waste is stockpiled and ready to be loaded – our friendly team will even load the waste for you to save you the effort
What Size Load Do I Need?
The loads are very flexible, so we can collect as much or as little waste as you need, at a time that suits you best. Once your waste has been stockpiled and is ready to be cleared, you will need to tell us how much you have. The cost of the service is calculated by the size of the load required to clear your waste, along with the included labour.
Alternatively, you can tell us exactly what waste materials you require clearing using our waste calculator, which determines the best load size for your waste.
What Waste Can I Dispose Of In A Man and Van Clearance?
The Man & Van Waste Clearance Service covers a variety of waste for whatever project you may be working on, including:
- General waste
- Garden waste
- Fly-tipped waste
- Office waste
- Household waste (furniture etc)
You also have the option of adding additional chargeable items of waste into your clearance, including:
- Domestic Fridges
- Small WEE Items e.g. laptop and tv
- Electrical items (including TV’s)
- Household appliances (e.g. domestic fridges)
One material that is prohibited on our collections is soil and rubble.
What Project Would Suit A Man And Van Waste Clearance?
Our Man and Van waste clearance is used across a wide range of industries, so can be tailored to suit any project you may be working on. You may be having a kitchen refurbishment and need a quick and easy clearance for stockpiled waste, or need a sofa removing for your house refurbishment. Whatever the project, our Man and Van Service can help. The service allows you to take a back seat, whilst our trained experts collect and dispose of your waste responsibly.
Man And Van Clearance Checklist
- Is there free parking at your home / facility OR parking at least 50 meters away?
- Is your waste easily accessible and already stockpiled for disposal?
- Is your waste allowed under the permitted waste streams? Or do you need additional charges for added extras?
- Have you estimated your waste and load amount correctly? If unsure additional fees may be charged upon collection or we may not be able to remove all your waste
Skip Permit Guide
If you’re thinking of ordering a skip but may need a permit to place it onto public highway, visit our skip permit guide before getting started
Man & Van VS Skip Hire
Struggling to decide which waste clearance service to choose? Visit our comparison page and see which one is best suited to you
Unsure what size service to book with SkipHire UK? Give our waste calculator a visit and receive our recommendation for to your project