Mini Skip Hire, Midi Skip Hire: What's The Difference?
At Skip Hire UK, we realise that hiring a skip isn’t an everyday job. Often, people can get confused between the differences between midi and mini skip hire, or the distinction between builders and large skips. Here’s a handy guide to clear things up, so hiring your next skip is as easy as 1 2 3!
Large, Midi And Mini Skip Hire: What’s The Difference?
While the sizes may be a bit obvious choosing the right skip for the right purpose can be a little trickier to understand. In this blog, we’ll take a look at all the skips we offer for hire to help you make the right choice.
- Mini Skips – Mini skips are, as the name suggests, the smallest skips we offer for hire at Skip Hire UK. Typically, we offer mini skip hire for household jobs such as a small garage clearout or getting rid of garden waste. Our mini skips measure2 cubic yards or the equivalent of 25-35 bags full of rubbish.
- Midi Skips – Measuring around 3-4 cubic yards in volume, our midi skips are ideal for domestic projects that will generate more waste than expected. Because of their size, they will easily sit on a driveway making them ideal for household use. Small businesses can also benefit from midi skip hire. They can roughly hold approximately 35-45 bin bags.
- Builders Skips – The next size up in our collection of skips is the builders skip. These measure 6-8 cubic yards and are the most popular skip we offer at Skip Hire UK. These are ideal for medium to large scale projects and, unlike large skips, are perfect for disposing of hardcore or rubble. If you’re undertaking a major home or business renovation, a builders skip will be the right choice for you!
- Large Skips – Capable of holding the equivalent of approximately 180-210 black bin bags, our large skips are essential for large-scale building projects or garden remodellings. Please be aware our large skips are not suitable for the disposal of bricks, hardcore, soil or clay due to the weight of these items. But if you need to get rid of a lot of big bulky items, like furniture, then hire one of our large skips.
We’re more than willing to talk to you in detail about mini skip hire or the hire of any of our other skips. Please get in touch to learn more!
Affordable And Reliable Mini Skip Hire From Skip Hire UK
If you require mini skip hire, or any size skip, for your next building or remodelling project, make sure you call Skip Hire UK today! We’ve got over many years’ worth of experience in the industry so you can be assured you’ll be receiving the best service possible.
Working closely with you, we’ll arrange the best time to deliver and collect your skip. Once we’ve collected it, we’ll recycle as much of the content as possible and dispose of the rest in a responsible way! To get a quote on mini skip hire, or to learn more about any of our skips, please visit our website or call us today on 0845 241 3488.
Our skip hire service the ideal solution if you need to keep waste on-site for a period of time or if the waste is heavy. Most of the skips we offer can be delivered next day with flexible removal.View All
- Low cost, hassle-free skip hire
- Fast and reliable delivery
- Swift collection, whenever you’re ready
- Friendly and helpful customer service